Online Certificate Course on Intellectual Property Rights & Competition Law (IPComp)
Registration Start: 22 Sep 2023 - 29 Nov 2023
Student Fee : INR 6500.62 ( 5509 + 18% GST)
Industry & others Fee : INR 8500.72 (7204 + 18% GST)
In recent years, Intellectual Property has spawned a new wave of technological innovations, leading to rapid economic growth and development. As businesses grow and attract competition, the need to understand Intellectual Property, Competition Law and its interface becomes even more important in order to sustain and thrive in the market.
The IPComp course covers fundamentals of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Competition Law, and their significance in distinct sectors including economic expansion and global market. It enlightens about the different segments of IPR involving Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Industrial Designs, Geographical Indications, Trade Secrets, and Layout Designs of Integrated Circuit. It also discusses the role of Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) for harmonizing IPR with competition law for innovation encouragement as well as for social and economic welfare.
Stage 1: Study Material will be provided to Students. During the course at a later stage on an appropriate date, assignment is given for partial assessment of the course.
Stage 2: Webinars/Online Lectures
Webinars and online lectures will be delivered by senior industry experts and academicians from India's premier institutes.
Stage 3: Online Examination and Issue of Certificate.
• Students from law, science, and other disciplines
• IP Professionals, Lawyers, & Patent Agents
• Professionals from different sectors such as Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics, Computer,
Chemical or related, etc.
• Research and Development and other scientific domains, enforcement personnel, etc
However, this program is specially recommended for:
• Any Law students desirous of specialising in IPR and commercialisation of IP.
• Anybody from science or engineering background interested in learning about Intellectual Property Rights.
• Start-ups and MSMEs interested in learning effective exploitation and ways of commercializing IP.